Saturday, February 23, 2008

Niamh ...

Through my work with the Australian Charity of Child Photographers I have met many wonderful families. This week I was afforded the most amazing opportunity to photograph a little girl who was born at 23 weeks .... Her name is Niamh (said 'neeve'), and she is the most precious, delicate jewel I have ever seen. She is defying the odds and is doing really well for her age (she is now 2 weeks old). Her mother, Siobhan is a beautiful woman with such strength and humor. This little family has been on such a scarey ride, I can't even begin to imagine.

Niamh has a long road ahead of her, but i really wanted to share with you this amazing child, so fragile, yet so robust ....

A friend of the family knitted Niamh a gorgous little beanie with matching booties!

In mum's loving hands ...


Striking a pose for the camera! She's a born model!






You can really tell how tiny she is when she graps mums finger ...


Thank you so much for giving me this wonderful opportunity to capture some special memories ...

1 comment:

Jess said...

Niamh is a beautiful little girl. The road may look so long, but there is and end or a new beggining around the corner! Trust me I know! x x x x x Jess : ) Beautirful photography. These little photos leave huge footprintd in our hearts forever. Thankyou for turning our memories into art.