Monday, July 28, 2008

51% happy 49% sad

Our baby took her first steps today. Uncoordinated. Stumbling. Laughing. Damn cute.

She's so proud of herself. She can even stand up from sitting, and looks like the cat that got the cream! ...

But it is the beginning of the end of having a baby in the house. Soon there will be noone crawling, and there will be noone to take her place underfoot. Our last baby. Threes enough for us, but gosh, today, just a little bit of me dearly wishes there was another one on the way ...

So today, I swing from feeling a sad "I don't have a crawler anymore" to a happy "I don't have a crawler anymore!" ... I guess that will happen a lot as all our babies grow up. It is so lovely watching them grow and experiencing new things as a family as they get older ... like all of them sharing hot chips in the back of the car ... but their baby days will be missed. Their present is enjoyed. Their future is looked foward to. It has/is/will be a ride.

(at the beach today)

and Max, scrubbing out his name in the sand ...

and finding a very interesting rock ...

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((hugs))))) with the twinnies going to school next year I know the feeling....I can't believe not only will we not have any more babies in the house, we won't have our babies in the house 5 days a week!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate, it is incredibly bittersweet isn't it? My youngest has just gone 2 - turning from a baby to a little boy. No more babies *sniff* That aside - your kids look so much alike!!