Thursday, May 29, 2008

My baby girl's growing up ...

Wow. Today I completed my last ever 1st birthday invitation. I can't believe my little, tiny weeny, baby girl is going to be 1 in less than 2 weeks.

Was it really a year ago that my belly was that huge? Was it really a year ago that I had the most amazing life changing experience? Was it really a year ago that I laboured long and hard at home in my lounge, my birth pool, my kitchen, my bathroom? Was it really a year ago that I, finally, after years and years of preparation, knowledge seeking, reading, talking, dreaming ... gave birth to my daughter after two previous ceasareans? ...



I feel bad that it was a bit of a rushed job, but I got them out finally.

My gosh have I been busy lately ... and today has been one of 'those' days ... you know, the ones where if something is going to go wrong, it will. Nothing huge, but lots of little things, and all together they drive me nuts, put me in a foul mood, and give me the biggest headache known to man ...


Anyway, enough of feeling sorry for myself. And I should be in a GREAT mood! Tommorrow I fly up to Brisbane for the PMA and the ACOCP AGM. Three days and two nights of completely child free ... busy-ness ... but at least it is child free. I will miss them madly but am determined to enjoy some kid free time. I will SLEEEEEPPPPP ALLLLLL NIIIIIIGGGGHT! ohhhh man. Can't wait. Wish my husband luck with three kids for 3 days and nights ... he'll probably need a valium by Sunday night ...

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the invite! Doesn't look like a rush job to me... gorgeous. :D