Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Photo NINE

Happy Earth Day!


Mum came around today and we did arty stuff together. Good for the soul. Mum made a basket and I cut stuff out of tin. Not all that successfully I might add, but it was fun. Of course I also took some photos!



THANKFUL FOR


Having my mum to myself. Sounds really selfish I know, but I realised the other day that my mum is mine. only. all mine. I don't have to share her with anyone else. And it's lovely. I. love. my. mum.


Salvos op shop. Aldgate. I went in there looking for a wedding veil, and would you know it! they had one! I had missed my chance at getting one I had seen at the CFS Op Shop in Bridgewater, and was really annoyed that I hadn't bought it when I found it. But all is saved as I now have one! "why?" do you ask? Weeeellll ... have you heard of "Trash the Dress"? if not check out the site ... more on this in a later post!


Canvas prints. You know, those big, juicy, canvas prints that are 'in' at the moment? ... My wonderful photo bloke Kevin (where I get all my printing done) has just introduced them at his shop (as well as a whole heap of other wonderful nick-nacks). I know they're not anything new and astounding, but I'm so glad he is now doing them.


I was always too worried about spending such huge amounts on printing and not being guaranteed a good job. Now I feel confident, I am going to get at least one of my wedding photographs blown up for my wall. Believe it or not, my gorgeous husband and I have been married for 10 years in October. Scary! So I thought it would be a fitting time to actually get some printing done ... I'm not one to rush into these things!!


Lastly: Mernen. Great friend. Wonderful auntie. Fabulous 'sister'. Super talented photographer. And she's doing my challenge too!!!

No comments: